Britannia currently provide professional cleaning services to multiple sites across the UK, delivering professional cleaning services nationwide and coast to coast from Inverness to Plymouth and Aberystwyth to Great Yarmouth. We have a 20 strong team of Area Managers and 3 Regional Managers who are employed locally and visit their contracts each month. We believe that face to face contact with site managers and our own staff is the key to ensuring the highest possible standards are delivered.
Britannia use a plethora of digital platforms such as indeed, Find a Job, and Facebook alongside more traditional methods to recruit our Area Managers and cleaning operatives.
Britannia’s cleaning operatives are all extensively trained as part of their induction process. After the initial training and induction is conducted onsite with the new operative, our Area Manager will work the first shift with them to ensure they are fully aware of the standards expected. Britannia Area Managers visit their sites weekly and so provide additional ongoing training and support to our cleaning operatives. Health and safety and hazard (yellow) warning training is refreshed annually with all cleaning operatives in April/May.
Britannia have a well-established, robust, and proven process in place when TUPE’ing across staff from other contractors or when employing new operatives.
Each new staff member is required to complete:
- Application form
- Starter form
- Induction form
- HMRC starter checklist
The following documentation is also required
- Photo ID (e.g. Passport, Driving License or EU ID Card). All ID is UV scanned and checked by the local Britannia Area Manager in line with Home Office recommendations.
- Right to work ID (e.g. Residence Permits) if applicant from outside of EEA. These are UV scanned and checked by the local Britannia Area Manager in line with Home Office recommendations.
- Proof of address – no more than 3 months old.
- Proof of bank details - in line with the Modern Slavery Act and Money Laundering Regulations.
- Proof of National Insurance – which is checked and confirmed with HMRC.
Britannia have over 35 years’ experience within the cleaning industry and have a proven track record of building deep and long-lasting relationships with our clients having worked with Arcadia group for over 10 years, HMV over 6 years, and Next and Aldi over 8 years These relationships have been built and maintained by Britannia continually delivering and exceeding our clients expectations. Our existing field team have over 650 years’ experience in the cleaning industry.
Our cleaning operatives are fully trained as part of their recruitment and induction process. They also receive ongoing training and support from our Area Managers during their regular visits to site.
Britannia are a Corporate member of the British Institute of Cleaning Sciences and our Area Manager regularly attend BICs courses., each of our Area Managers is then responsible for cascading this information and latest best practices to the cleaning operatives in their area
Britannia operate a 4-stage performance management system for monitoring performance in all sites, with any issues identified corrected immediately. This is a proven performance monitoring system that Britannia have used for a number of years across our client base to ensure standards are consistently monitored and maintained.
- Daily check of standards by Britannia’s onsite site supervisor including checking the communication book/log issues to each store.
- Site walk and ‘informal’ assessment by Britannia Area Manager during each visit
- Weekly site walk by Britannia Area Manager with the site supervisor.
- Four weekly site walk and formal audit conducted by the Britannia Area Manager with the client site manager against agreed specification.
Britannia currently conducts standard audits in many hundreds of sites across the UK every 4 weeks for some of the UK’s largest blue chip companies.